Is online learning sweeping America? Just compare: in 2000 there were roughly 45,000 students taking online courses; in 2009, more than 3 million K-12 students were doing so. But those courses are happening in a blended-learning environment where students learn online while supervised by adults part of that time. It’s personalized, relevant, a mode kids love, and self-paced. By 2019, 50 percent of all high school courses may be delivered online. Read more in this insightful white paper by Michael B. Horn and Heather Staker from Innosight Institute.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Cool Tool | ABC Mouse for Schools
- Myths Revealed: Apple Devices in the Classroom
- Cool Tool | Discovery Education Streaming
- Teach, Love, and Learn!
- How Video-Driven PD Favors Growth over ‘Gotcha!’
- A Quiet Revolution
- Very Social Studies
- The Helping Kind
- Good News for Literacy and Learning
- To Leap Ahead
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com