Here’s an interesting take on higher education from a longtime edupreneur and leading voice in the postsecondary learning space. Burck Smith, CEO of Straighterline (billing themselves as “the shortest distance between you and your college degree”), discusses rising costs of college, student and taxpayer debt in a lucid argument for an innovative solution to it all. Shifting from the old paradigm and moving into a new model, Burck talks technology, learning and keeping it all practical. It’s a subtle shift, but for the vested leaders walking the centuries-old hallowed halls of higher ed to hear such blasphemous talk of offerings such as those that StraighterLine provides—well, this just may be disruptive technology at its strongest. Click on the video or go straight to StraighterLine.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Trends | Report: Tech Tools, Content Teachers Use
- Up (Or Down) Periscope?
- Putting an Entire Library in Their Pockets
- Trends | You Used to Call Me on My Cell Phone
- Want to Drive On-Campus Visits?
- Drowning in Data but Thirsting for Insight
- Engineering Fun
- Cost-Effective Consortiums
- Smart Build
- Fluid Communications
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com