Students can access over 20,000 education apps on their iPads. There are now more than 1.5 million iPads in use in education institutions. Now, with iBooks 2, students get a new textbook experience with their iPads, iPod touch, iPhone. You can swipe to get to different pages, rich engaging layouts, and movies embedded into textbook pages. There have been glimpses of this in the past, but dynamic content has gotten a whole new face, and will be going mainstream. These are truly interactive eBooks like we’ve never quite seen before, super fast and with fluid navigation. For more on Apple’s Thursday, January 19, 2012 event, have a look at CNET’s live and continuing coverage thanks to CNET’s Bridget Carey, tweeting and sharing photos live from the event. More coverage here as students and teachers begin to report back on their experiences with this cool new tool with far-reaching implications.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- A Willingness to Do Better
- Cool Tool | trovvit
- Cool Tool | Aug That!
- Cool Tool | EduKids Connect Systems
- Building 21st Century Learning Environments
- Beyond Programming Language
- The Uncommon ‘Happy Path’
- The Five Pillars of Quality EdTech Content
- Data: The Key to Customized Instruction
- Cool Tool | CollegeVine
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com