Looking for a discount on certain communications services for your school? You’re not alone. Requests for discounts have increased for the fourth straight year as schools and libraries nationwide asked for more than $5 Billion in E-rate funds for Funding Year 2012. This marks the second time in the 15-year history of the program that applicant demand has exceeded the $5 Billion threshold. John Harrington, CEO of Funds For Learning, anticipated that increased demand and has written an open letter to FCC Chair Julius Genachowski requesting that the commission increase available funding. Funds For Learning invites E-rate stakeholders and supporters to sign the online petition before it is delivered to the FCC in late 2012.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Digital Classrooms, Virtual Schoolbags and Remote Learning
- One Million Opportunities
- What’s the Secret to Partnership Success?
- Cool Tool | Hybridge
- Intelligent Choice
- Trends | EdTech Goals, Progress, and Shifting Definitions
- Globalized Classrooms
- Why It’s Time to Ditch Your Old-School Firewall
- Cool Tool | Panopto
- Trends | K-12 Classroom Connectivity
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com