Looking for a discount on certain communications services for your school? You’re not alone. Requests for discounts have increased for the fourth straight year as schools and libraries nationwide asked for more than $5 Billion in E-rate funds for Funding Year 2012. This marks the second time in the 15-year history of the program that applicant demand has exceeded the $5 Billion threshold. John Harrington, CEO of Funds For Learning, anticipated that increased demand and has written an open letter to FCC Chair Julius Genachowski requesting that the commission increase available funding. Funds For Learning invites E-rate stakeholders and supporters to sign the online petition before it is delivered to the FCC in late 2012.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- A Willingness to Do Better
- Cool Tool | trovvit
- Cool Tool | Aug That!
- Cool Tool | EduKids Connect Systems
- Building 21st Century Learning Environments
- Beyond Programming Language
- The Uncommon ‘Happy Path’
- The Five Pillars of Quality EdTech Content
- Data: The Key to Customized Instruction
- Cool Tool | CollegeVine
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com