Looking for a discount on certain communications services for your school? You’re not alone. Requests for discounts have increased for the fourth straight year as schools and libraries nationwide asked for more than $5 Billion in E-rate funds for Funding Year 2012. This marks the second time in the 15-year history of the program that applicant demand has exceeded the $5 Billion threshold. John Harrington, CEO of Funds For Learning, anticipated that increased demand and has written an open letter to FCC Chair Julius Genachowski requesting that the commission increase available funding. Funds For Learning invites E-rate stakeholders and supporters to sign the online petition before it is delivered to the FCC in late 2012.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Cool Tool | ABC Mouse for Schools
- Myths Revealed: Apple Devices in the Classroom
- Cool Tool | Discovery Education Streaming
- Teach, Love, and Learn!
- How Video-Driven PD Favors Growth over ‘Gotcha!’
- A Quiet Revolution
- Very Social Studies
- The Helping Kind
- Good News for Literacy and Learning
- To Leap Ahead
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com