Looking for a discount on certain communications services for your school? You’re not alone. Requests for discounts have increased for the fourth straight year as schools and libraries nationwide asked for more than $5 Billion in E-rate funds for Funding Year 2012. This marks the second time in the 15-year history of the program that applicant demand has exceeded the $5 Billion threshold. John Harrington, CEO of Funds For Learning, anticipated that increased demand and has written an open letter to FCC Chair Julius Genachowski requesting that the commission increase available funding. Funds For Learning invites E-rate stakeholders and supporters to sign the online petition before it is delivered to the FCC in late 2012.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Trends | Report: Tech Tools, Content Teachers Use
- Up (Or Down) Periscope?
- Putting an Entire Library in Their Pockets
- Trends | You Used to Call Me on My Cell Phone
- Want to Drive On-Campus Visits?
- Drowning in Data but Thirsting for Insight
- Engineering Fun
- Cost-Effective Consortiums
- Smart Build
- Fluid Communications
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com