A mobile accessory that turns your iOS device into your own personal cameraman, the cool thing about the Swivl is that it literally follows you as you move and enhances video capture with a wireless microphone. It’s one of those ‘Now why didn’t I think of that?’ kind of devices. It’s an inexpensive and portable way for any instructor to capture video of their own lessons and classroom interactions without assistance from IT or students. It’s a great tool for using video for teacher professional development, adding a video component to teacher/principle assessments, experimenting with flipped classroom formats by reducing the barriers to transitioning existing lessons to digital forms and as a data gathering tool for educational research. Hundreds of universities and K-12 schools are already using it. For more info and video demos: www.swivl.com.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Myths Revealed: Apple Devices in the Classroom
- Cool Tool | Discovery Education Streaming
- Teach, Love, and Learn!
- How Video-Driven PD Favors Growth over ‘Gotcha!’
- A Quiet Revolution
- Very Social Studies
- The Helping Kind
- Good News for Literacy and Learning
- To Leap Ahead
- Trends | A Question of EdTech Efficacy
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com