Here’s a cool, new, free tool called Net Texts — The Net Texts system is an open educational resources (OER) content curator for teachers, that provides customized mobile learning for students. This system allows schools to supplement or even replace textbooks with free, curated, high-quality OER combined with teachers’ own materials. All can be easily updated as needed. Much more than just a content management system, it effectively and efficiently distributes a teachers’ customized course material via an easy-to-use app on a student’s tablet or laptop for later use — even without Wi-Fi. Current estimates suggest that schools that use it can save upwards of $250/year per student, costs that traditionally would have been spent on incomplete, non-interactive and quickly obsolete textbooks. Check out this story to see it in play.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Digital Classrooms, Virtual Schoolbags and Remote Learning
- One Million Opportunities
- What’s the Secret to Partnership Success?
- Cool Tool | Hybridge
- Intelligent Choice
- Trends | EdTech Goals, Progress, and Shifting Definitions
- Globalized Classrooms
- Why It’s Time to Ditch Your Old-School Firewall
- Cool Tool | Panopto
- Trends | K-12 Classroom Connectivity
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com