Math and science are no longer boring subjects for students thanks to Educade, a new interactive learning portal developed by GameDesk. Educade is a one-stop shop for K-12 teachers and parents, pairing a free lesson plan library with 21stcentury teaching tools. Funded by AT&T, this portal makes serious learning fun using tools such as apps, games and hands-on maker kits to engage students. Every lesson plan created or curated by GameDesk is aligned to Common Core for English language arts, math and science for maximum curriculum support. Incorporating creativity and play within the learning experience, students have a better chance at learning. For example, one web-based game teaches physics by having students build a virtual roller coaster and learn how height and the number of loops affect speed and performance. Another lesson plan teaches algebra through DragonBox, an app that conveys core mechanics derived from algebraic equations. Teachers and parents are already seeing improved learning; check it out for yourself.
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Digital Classrooms, Virtual Schoolbags and Remote Learning
- One Million Opportunities
- What’s the Secret to Partnership Success?
- Cool Tool | Hybridge
- Intelligent Choice
- Trends | EdTech Goals, Progress, and Shifting Definitions
- Globalized Classrooms
- Why It’s Time to Ditch Your Old-School Firewall
- Cool Tool | Panopto
- Trends | K-12 Classroom Connectivity
- Follow edtechdigest.com on WordPress.com