A useful ‘e-report’ capturing the broadstrokes as well as the details of the ongoing global explosion in edtech innovation, EdTech Revolution in Education 2013 is a 15-chapter compilation that includes edtech topics, their significance, voices from the field and a glossary of edtech terms. An index helps to sort through it all, and profiles of assorted edtech companies, several infographics and a partial list of a few key organizations is also included. For a sampling of some of its content, did you know:
- $4.4 Trillion will approximately be spent on Information Technology this year, globally.
- 83% of U.S. CEOs and small business owners believe an online degree is credible.
- There have been over 1,200 U.S. social network patent applications published and patents issued per year since 2003.
- The average entertainment software industry employee has a salary of $90,000.
- 7 computer and/or video games were sold, on average, every second of every day of 2010.
For a thoughtful overview of the edtech sector, this report will certainly stir your thoughts and get you connecting with some people and organizations you may not have already heard about and that just might be aligned to your goals and purposes. Check it out for yourself.